Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Push and Pull Chapter 4 Teaser

Here's a little taste of Chapter 4.


“Welcome, Bella,” Esme said. “I went grocery shopping today just for you.”

Edward laughed. “It looks like you shopped for someone Emmett’s size.”

“I did get some strange looks at the grocery store when I bought all of this” Esme said as she pointed in the direction of the overflowing counter. “But that could be because no one has seen us at the grocery store in Forks before.” Edward and Esme laughed, and I joined in. I’m sure the clerk had been pretty shocked to see such a thin, pale, beautiful woman buy so much junk food.

“Thank you, Esme. I’m not sure how much of this I can eat in one weekend, but I’ll try to make a dent.” She had shopped like she had to feed an entire football team, not one person.

“Don’t worry yourself over this. Whatever you don’t eat, I’ll send it with Carlisle to the hospital. The staff there will take care of it in no time.” Esme was clearly very generous.

While I surveyed the huge pile of food looking for a quick snack, Alice skipped into the room. “I’ve got everything ready in the family room. I’m going to order a pizza and pick it up in town.”

“You don’t have to go to all of this trouble for me. Esme has taken care of everything,” I said and smiled warmly at her.

“Nonsense, Bella. We are having a normal girl’s night at home. No boys allowed,” Alice continued while she shooed Edward out of the kitchen with her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign